CSHF seeks applications that focus on the following focus areas:
- Access to healthcare for those in greatest need. This includes care for physical, mental, oral and/or substance use disorder-related concerns. It also includes initiatives to address the healthcare workforce shortage.
- Suicide Prevention
- Heal/Prevent Trauma
Please read CSHF’s grant guidelines for specifics related to CSHF’s criteria including serving El Paso and/or Teller Counties.
Grant Types Available:
- General Operating
Note: If your organization is interested in applying for capacity-building/technical assistance support (e.g. planning, professional development/training, evaluation), a separate funding opportunity is available.
Proposals with the following attributes will be considered more competitive:
- Tight alignment with one of Colorado Springs Health Foundation’s funding focus areas
- Significant experience and expertise related to the Foundation’s funding focus area(s)
- Demonstrated need within the target population(s)
- An understanding of how equity shapes the issue you aim to solve and the proposed solution(s)
- An evidence-based approach, if one exists. If not, a promising practice or innovative approach
- A method and plan for defining and measuring impact
- High potential for significant, positive impact on community health, especially in communities that experience health inequities and disparities
- Strong organizational governance and leadership
- Diverse financial support
One year, though in special circumstances, a multiyear request may be considered.
- For general CSHF eligibility requirements, grant type, grant length, and other parameters, please review the grantmaking guidelines carefully.
- If, at the time of application, your organization has a current open grant for general operating, program/project or capital, you are not eligible to apply.
- If you are not sure what sort of grant you have, whether it is open or closed and/or are unsure of your eligibility to apply, please reach out to CSHF staff. We are happy to help!
- CSHF requires a pre-application phone call with any interested applicant. Please find a date/time for this conversation through calendly. Applicants who have not spoken with staff prior to submitting an application will not be considered. And, a favor to ask: Please do not wait until the last few days before the deadline to schedule a phone call. We may not be able to accommodate you given the number of pre-application calls on our schedule.
- Application deadline: Tuesday, January 30, 2024 noon Mountain Time. Decisions are anticipated late March 2024.
- The application may be found on-line mid-November.
Questions: Please contact CSHF staff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org