NOTE: Application opens beginning of June
The Summer/Fall 2023 Funding Opportunity will accept requests related to healthy environments in high-need or underserved communities. Specifically and exclusively, CSHF invests in:
- Efforts that encourage greater physical activity
- Efforts that increase access to healthy, affordable food
- Efforts that increase or maintain/retain transitional or permanent affordable housing. This includes home improvement, weatherization and energy efficiency efforts to maintain affordable housing as well as efforts to connect people in need with transitional or permanent affordable housing, e.g. case management, resource coordination, navigation, and support.
- NOTE: Emergency shelter and emergency rent/mortgage requests will not be considered
Please read CSHF’s grant guidelines for specifics related to CSHF’s criteria including serving El Paso and/or Teller Counties.
Grant Types Available:
- General Operating
Note: If your organization is interested in applying for capacity-building/technical assistance support (e.g. planning, professional development/training, evaluation), a separate funding opportunity is available.
Proposals with the following attributes will be considered more competitive:
- Tight alignment with one of Colorado Springs Health Foundation’s funding focus areas
- Significant experience and expertise related to the Foundation’s funding focus area(s)
- Demonstrated need within the target population(s)
- An understanding of how equity shapes the issue you aim to solve and the proposed solution(s)
- An evidence-based approach, if one exists. If not, a promising practice or innovative approach
- A method and plan for defining and measuring impact
- High potential for significant, positive impact on community health, especially in communities that experience health inequities and disparities
- Strong organizational governance and leadership
- Diverse financial support
One year, though in special circumstances, a multiyear request may be considered.
- For general CSHF eligibility requirements, grant type, grant length, and other parameters, please review the grantmaking guidelines carefully.
- If, at the time of application, your organization has a current open main funding opportunity grant (a grant for general operating, program/project or capital), you are not eligible to apply.
- If your organization has a current open capacity-building or fostering collaboration grant, you are eligible to apply.
- If you are not sure what sort of grant you have, whether it is open or closed and/or are unsure of your eligibility to apply, please reach out to CSHF staff. We are happy to help!
- CSHF requires a pre-application phone call with any interested applicant. Please find a date/time for this conversation through calendly. Applicants who have not spoken with staff prior to submitting an application will not be considered. And, a favor to ask: Please do not wait until the last few days before the deadline to schedule a phone call. We may not be able to accommodate you given the number of pre-application calls on our schedule.
- Application deadline: Thursday, August 17, 2023 noon Mountain Time. Decisions will likely be made by end of October 2023.
- The application may be found on-line.
- CSHF staff will offer informational webinars regarding this opportunity in order to give potential applicants the chance to learn more about the funding opportunity and ask questions. Participation is one of these webinars is not required.
Questions: Please contact CSHF staff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org